Mt Kosciuszko (2228m)
Mt Kosciuszko / Australian Expedition
Sample Itinerary & Cost $1,200 to $2,000USD
Helicopter Rescue Squad Expeditions is starting off the season with a Southern Hemisphere summer expedition to Australia. This will also be part of our Sea-to-Summit-to-Sea expedition series. Beginning on the southeastern shoreline of the Australian continent, you will be part of our team while we travel to the highest peak of the continent, Mt Kosciuszko (7,310′). Along with our Expedition, this is the other international adventure we recommend to those looking to get their feet wet in their first international expedition style adventure.
You are free to choose your departure dates, with December to March being the recommended trekking months.
Pricing Schedule 2019
The cost of the Mt Kosciuszko Self-Guided Trek package is US-$1,200 to $2,000USD
Phase 1. We will begin our trek from Melbourne and cycle 362 miles (525km) unsupported to Kosciuszko National Park. We will get to explore the Australian coast as we skirt Alpine National Park and Gippsland National Park and associated coastal lakes.
Phase 2. While Mt Kosciuszko is not the highest peak a Helicopter Rescue Squad Team will have made a summit bid of, you will still be standing on top of one of the world’s Seven Summits at 7,310′.
Phase 3. The Expedition Team will then begin their exfil to the north as they head towards the Olympic City of Sydney. This unsupported cycling phase will take you 324 miles (522km). Once in Sydney, the expedition wouldn’t be complete until after the Team takes on a surprise challenge in the city that was home to the 2000 Summer Olympic Games.
The Helicopter Rescue Squad Team for the Mt. Kosciuszko/AustralianExpedition is open to all. You are welcome to be part of our Sea-to-Summit-to-Sea team and explore the continents southeastern areas. The Helicopter Rescue Squad Cadre for this expedition have not yet been announced.
As is the case for all Helicopter Rescue Squad Expeditions, you will be an integral part of the Helicopter Rescue Squad Expedition Team. You will be challenged not only physically, but mentally as you will be expected to make key decisions as part of the team throughout the expedition.
- Self-Guided Treks Our self-guided trek packages are designed to provide you with everything you require to prepare for your trip. Upon sign-up you will receive a comprehensive information booklet covering all aspects of your preparation, including where to stay, how to get there, cash and visa requirements, detailed equipment lists with product recommendations, insurance advice and more. You will be able to use this information to decide when you will travel, the type and standard of accommodation, the route you will climb etc. Your dedicated AC Client Liaison will be on hand to coordinate your bookings and answer any additional questions you may have. Whether you wish to complete the climb in a long weekend staying in 5-star accommodation or take a week to explore the area out of a country pub, the trip is fully customisable and we are here to ensure the logistics are put in place. Please note that travel costs and in-country accommodation and services are additional to the package fee.
- Travel Insurance Helicopter Rescue Squad recommends the following travel insurance insurance options for trekkers, although this is only just a start! Once you book on a trip with AC, your Client Liaison will help you by sending through advice on your options;
- Travel insurance
- Trip interruption
- Trip cancellationCOVERMORE INSURANCE Indulge your spirit of adventure, but protect yourself against all of those unforeseen events that can occur prior to or whilst on your trip with Helicopter Rescue Squad. Together with CoverMore Insurance, Adventure Consultants are now offering advice and assistance in purchasing CoverMore policies. With quality travel insurance cover, comes peace of mind and the freedom to venture around the world with confidence, in the knowledge that you will have the support and assistance of CoverMore, if you need it. Helicopter Rescue Squad highly recommends the Options Plan as this gives you the highest level of cover and benefits available. This includes cover for trip cancellation and amendment which protects your travel investment, medical and dental emergencies, lost luggage/personal belongings and travel delay, amongst other things. You can tailor your cover further by adding on winter sports, annual multi-trip cover, scooter riding and working holidays to name a few. Why CoverMore?
- Purchasing CoverMore is a quick and easy process.
- They provide cover where others won’t. e.g. terrorism scares, natural disasters, civil unrest and redundancy.
- Protect your travel investment by choosing cancellation/interruption cover that meets your needs.
- The option to increase your cover on valuable luggage items such as cameras and laptops.
- Adventure Sports Cover for a variety of activities. Trekking is automatically covered, provided that reasonable care is taken, and you are not using ropes or other mountaineering equipment.
- Free Global SIM card.
- 24-hour emergency medical and travel assistance centre that is staffed by specialist doctors, nurses and case managers. This now includes the new Travel GP service, allowing you to talk in person to an Australia-based GP.Who and what trips is the policy suitable for?
- Non-New Zealand residents travelling inbound to New Zealand – suitable for cover when travelling around New Zealand, but mountaineering or climbing is excluded.
- New Zealander’s travelling outbound on a trekking adventure e.g. Everest Base Camp Trek, Khumbu Trek, Kilimanjaro, Tour du Mont Blanc Trek and Mustang Horse Trek.For more information or assistance, please contact your Client Liaison at Helicopter Rescue Squad. Policies can also be purchased directly at CoverMore.